Please be aware that IFT websites use "cookies" to improve your user experience and provide continuity across different websites operated by or on behalf of IFT. Some cookies are "session" cookies which are not stored on your computer and do not persist after you close your browser.
Some cookies are "persistent" cookies which are stored on your computer and may remain even after you close your browser. For security and privacy reasons, these cookies are readable only by websites operated by or on behalf of IFT and do not contain personal information beyond your name and IFT member number.
Be advised that while using IFT websites, the website will query visitors' browsers for certain information, such as:
- the domain from which you are accessing our site
- the type of PC operating system you use
- the type of browser you use
- the type of device you use
This data is collected for the sole purpose of improving our online offerings. No individual data is saved. IFT only uses aggregate statistical data to compile usage reports. The data types IFT reports on include:
- Unique user sessions
- Most/least popular pages
- Most/least downloaded documents
- Statistics on errors experienced
- Average duration of site visit
- Geographical location
Personal, identifying information is not collected from visitors to our site unless this information has been voluntarily provided. All sensitive information sent to IFT is kept confidential. Personal, identifying information is captured to help IFT keep our accounts accurate. Information collected (on a volunteer basis) includes:
- Changes in password and username
- Changes in contact information
- Subscription and community activation
- IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo: We periodically share basic attendee data on a one-time-only usage basis with exhibitors of the IFT Food Expo, for the purposes of exhibit-related promotion. Only mailing information is shared, and only data from that particular year’s event is made available to exhibitors at that event. For the protection of attendees, email addresses are not shared with exhibitors.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share that information.
USE BY CHILDREN
http://www.ift.org and http://connect.ift.org were not designed for use by children and are members-only forums. If you are under the age of 18, you may use http://www.ift.org and http://connect.ift.org only with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
After you register with IFT, you may occasionally receive information about IFT products and services via e-mail. You will have the option to opt-out of these communications by clicking Unsubscribe at the bottom of the e-mail.
If you have questions or concerns about IFT's online policy or wish to be removed from any IFT list, please contact IFT Central at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 800.IFT.FOOD or +1.312.782.8424.