The IFT Student Association (IFTSA) has over 2,900 members from around the world. When you join, you become a part of the largest and most important community of students studying food science and technology. Your career and leadership development opportunities are plentiful.
Just to name a few:
- Eligibility for IFT and Feeding Tomorrow scholarships
- Opportunities to compete in competitions, including Product Development, College Bowl, Chapter of the Year, Undergraduate Research, Thesis Video, and Excellence in Leadership
- Your choice of the award winning Food Technology magazine or the Journal of Food Science
- The chance for funding, awards, and honors
- Opportunities to build your knowledge, experience, and leadership skills
- Access to the IFT Membership Directory and IFT Community online, with thousands of big names in food science and technology
- Ways to find a job using IFT resources and contacts, including the IFT online Career Center
- Serious savings on books, courses, and registration to the IFT Annual Event, the world’s largest food industry meeting and trade show
- Contacts. Peers and leading professionals who know the subject matter and the business of food science and technology
If you’re currently a Student Member of IFT and you're graduating, take advantage of a *free one-year membership from IFT at the time of your graduation. It’s a great way to maintain access to all of the resources IFT can provide you with at this critical point in transitioning from student to new professional.
* This offer is intended for those who are no longer in school, and is not available to students. If, as a graduate, you take advantage o this offer and then return to school at a future date, you will no longer be eligible for Student Membership.