Evan Turek Memorial Scholarship and Internship Sponsored by Kraft
Sponsor: Kraft Foods
About: Evan Turek was an exceptional mentor who was dedicated to helping shape the next generation of food science scientists and developing leaders in the field. Through Feeding Tomorrow, the Evan Turek Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate in food science that embodies the scientific and leadership characteristics of Evan Turek.
The scholarship recipient will also have the opportunity to intern at Kraft Foods Group in the summer of 2015. The internship will pay a weekly salary and offer subsidized housing. The location of the internship assignment will depend on Kraft’s needs. Potential internship locations include Glenview, IL, Tarrytown, NY, or Madison, WI.
Deadline: The scholarship application deadline has passed. Please check back in November 2014.
- One (1) $1,000 Scholarship
- One paid summer internship with subsidized housing with Kraft Foods
- Opportunity to attend the 2015 IFT Annual Food Meeting & Expo ® in New Orleans at the expense of Kraft Foods
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time rising sophomore, junior, or senior university student pursuing a food science degree at an IFT-approved undergraduate program for the 2015-2016 academic year. ***If you are currently a senior who will be graduating by summer, you are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicant’s major must align with an area of interest at Kraft Foods Group (food science, nutrition, agricultural engineering, biochemistry, chemical engineering, dairy science, food chemistry, food engineering, food packaging, non-thermal processing or related discipline)
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in food science
- Applicant must demonstrate exceptional leadership experience
- Applicant must join or renew student membership to IFT by May 1, 2015
- Applicant must have or obtain a F1 visa if he or she is an international student
Timeframe of Scholarship/Internship Recruitment
- Kraft Foods Group will conduct phone and/or video interviews for top candidates in mid February 2015
- Final candidate will be notified by March 2015
- Scholarship recipient will begin a (10-12 week) internship with Kraft Foods Group beginning in mid-May/June 2015
- Scholarship recipient will also be invited to attend the IFT14 in New Orleans at Kraft Foods’ expense