The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture’s (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) and the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) are sponsoring a public meeting on Aug. 12, 2014, in preparation for the 27th Session of the Codex Committee on Processed Fruits and Vegetables (CCPFV). The purpose of the public meeting is to provide information and seek public comments on the agenda items and draft U.S. positions that will be discussed at the 27th Session of the CCPFV, which will be held Sept. 8–12 in Philadelphia, Pa.
The public meeting will be held Aug. 12 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the USDA headquarters in Washington, D.C. Documents and agenda items related to 27th Session of the CCPFV will be accessible on the Codex website at www.codexalimentarius.org/meetings-reports/en. During the meeting, the committee will discuss:
- Revision of Codex Standards for Processed Fruits and Vegetables
- Proposed sampling plan, including metrological provisions for controlling the minimum drained weight in canned fruits and vegetables in packing media
- Proposed annexes on pears and pineapples in Standard for Certain Canned Fruits
- Proposed annexes on quick frozen vegetables in Standard for Certain Quick Frozen Vegetables
- Proposal for the extension of the territorial application of the Regional Standard for Ginseng Products
- Food additive provisions in the Standards for Pickled Fruits and Vegetables, Canned Bamboo Shoots and annex on mushrooms of the Standard for Certain Canned Vegetables packing media provisions for pickled vegetables in the Standard for Pickled Fruits and Vegetables