This business area focuses on applied research and investigation of practical solutions that can help enhance competitive business practices.
The GFTC has undertaken projects to understand and evaluate current practices, technologies, and systems that are available for use within and between businesses, and seek to explain their importance and economic value. The GFTC has also investigated traceability best practices and traceability support programs in other countries such as the Traceability Regulations Report. Check out the full report.
- Lead and support applied research and investigation of practical solutions to help enhance competitive business practices for agriculture and food businesses.
- Provide a focal point for industry partners to organize and respond in a disciplined manner to market requirements.
- Build greater confidence in the food system, with the knowledge that a scientific, objective third party is advising or leading relevant programs and projects.
- Evolve into an ‘innovation center’ that helps foster ideas, provide pre-commercialization support, and help deliver innovative traceability solutions.
- Provide a range of business services to help with the development and introduction of these solutions to national and international stakeholders.