Food and Nutrition Labeling Resources for Stakeholders, Product Developers, and Consumers
IFT Symposium & Webcasts
IFT Food and Nutrition Labeling Short Course
Labeling Requirements & Implications for Foods Marketed in the United States
Labeling a food product properly is as important to its legal compliance as manufacturing. Enhance your understanding of the regulations affecting the labeling of food products. Examine the legal naming of a food product, listing its ingredients (such as flavors), presenting its nutritional details, and making claims related to nutrient content, health effects, and production method.
Agenda and Faculty Bios available at: http://www.am-fe.ift.org/cms/?pid=1000635
Here’s what previous attendees had to say:
- “All of the instructors were true experts in their fields and excellent presenters. Thanks for a terrific course!"
- “This labeling course has exceeded my expectation. I came in expecting that the class would be monotonous, but that was not the case. It was a lot of materials that we covered in 2 days, but at the end I went home with a better understanding about the subject.”
- “I really enjoyed that the presenters incorporated humor and anecdotes into their presentations, as it made topics that are dry much more interesting.”
You will be able to:
- Understand the specific requirements relative to labeling from both the FDA and USDA perspectives.
- Identify which statements should be made about the nutrients in your food products, including ingredient statements, nutrition labeling requirements, nutrient content claims, health claims, and structure/function claims.
- Find the legal references for labeling requirements.
- Learn about label statements that contribute to food safety and promote health and wellness.
- Identify what’s next for food label controversies and regulations.
- Create and evaluate a food label.
- Learn about which types of claims are drawing attention from regulators and civil class action lawsuits.
- Food Scientists
- New Product Managers and technologists
- Operations & Production Personnel
- Personnel who interact with R&D
- Product Developers
- Sales & Marketing
Learning Level: Introductory
Register Now: http://www.am-fe.ift.org/cms/?pid=1000635
IFT Food Regulations Online Course
IFT Food and Nutrition Labeling Webcasts
IFT Food Policy Impact Conference
This one day conference is designed to give professionals involved in food laws and regulations a practical understanding of both current and emerging food policy, and how to comply with regulations. Learn more.
IFT Wellness Conference
Description: Wellness is the leading event for professionals in R&D, brand management, regulatory compliance, sales, and government who are committed to learning what it takes to successfully develop and market healthful foods that resonate with today’s—and tomorrow’s— consumers. Learn more.
Other Web-based Resources