CHICAGO— Food professionals from all over the globe will be gathering together at McCormick Place in Chicago for the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) 2013 Annual Meeting & Food Expo July 13-16. Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) 2013 Annual Meeting & Food Expo is the only annual event that brings together professionals involved in both the science and the business of food — experts from industry, academia and government.
The Annual Meeting & Food Expo features the latest food products, the hottest food trends, and the most important developments in the science of food. With more than 1,000 companies exhibiting, this event showcases the largest, most diverse collection of food ingredient, equipment, and packaging suppliers from all over the world. Over 100 educational sessions and 1,200 poster presentations will provide information on the latest developments and trends in food science.
View the video to see why people are going to the IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo.
Opening General Session: The Opening General Session keynote presentation, Facing the Extreme: Food Challenges, on Sunday, July 14, from 8:30 to 10:15 a.m. will feature Fareed Zakaria, PhD, host of CNN's international affairs program — Fareed Zakaria GPS. He is also an editor-at-large of TIME, a Washington Post columnist, and best-selling author. Dr. Zakaria’s presentation comes at a critical time for food professionals who face extreme challenges in both developed and developing nations ranging from food waste, food safety, and food insecurity to new nutritional demands and limitations on natural resources.
Educational Session Highlights:
- Strategies and Technology to Prevent/Detect Economic Adulteration of Food
- Determinants of Food Choice During Childhood: What Industry Can Do
- Arsenic in Food: forms, Hazards and Risks
- Diet, Mental Energy and Menal Wellbeing: A Landscape Overview of the Science and Consumer Perceptions
- Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods in Exercise, Muscle Building and Sports Nutrition
- Ensuring the Safety of New and Existing Food Additives and GRAS Substances
- Nutrigenomics and Angiogenesis: How Food Influences the Common Denominator of Health
Additional sessions presented from the following areas:
Real time information and updates can be found on IFT Live, the official news source of the 2013 IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo. The Food Technology magazine editorial team covers everything from the scientific sessions, new products on the Expo floor, press conferences, and more before, during and after the show. In addition, check out IFT Live for videos and photos from the show!
- Follow the IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo on ift.org/IFT13, Twitter @IFT, @IFTMedia, @IFTFoodieFacts, hashtag #IFT13, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Registration is complimentary for credentialed members of the media: contact Mindy Weinstein for more information
Mindy Weinstein, Director of Media Relations, 312-604-0231, @IFTMedia
Stephanie Callahan, IFT Media Relations Specialist, 312-604-0273, @IFTFoodieFacts
For more than 70 years, IFT has existed to advance the science of food. Our nonprofit scientific society—more than 18,000 members from more than 100 countries—brings together food scientists, technologists and related professions from academia, government, and industry. For more information, please visit ift.org.