Gradute Program in Food Science and Nutrition
Program Director: Anuradha Prakash, Ph.D.
Contact: Professor: Anuradha Prakash, Ph.D., Food Science Program, Chapman University, One University Dr. Orange, CA, 92866.
Phone (714) 744 7826. E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org WEB: www.chapman.edu/fsn
Degrees Offered: Master of Science in Food Science; Master of Science in Food Science / M.B.A
- Applicant must possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited instiution.
- minimum grade point average of 3.00
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are required (GMAT scores may be accepted in lieu of GRE); Applicants must achieve the following minimum GRE scores which are listed as previous version test scores and new version comparative test scores, respectively:
Analytical Writing: 3.5/3.5
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Statement of Intent and Resume
- TOEFL (International Students Only) – applicants who have completed their undergraduate degree outside of the United States are required to achieve an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), minimum 550 (paper-based), or 80 (internet-based)
- Financial Certification Form (International Students Only)
For more information visit: www.chapman.edu/fsn
Degree Requirements: Thesis and non-thesis M.S degrees are offered. Students on the non-thesis program must take a comprehensive examination test.
Current Costs: Application non-refundable fee: $60.00. For more information contact Admission Counselor,
Cathy Greenberg (714) 628-2860 email@example.com
Availability of Financial Aid (domestic students only): Chapman University offers opportunities to graduate students for financial aid through Chapman University, tuition grants, state of California grants, and loans. Students may apply for one or more kinds of aid depending on need and qualifications if they are accepted for admissions and are taking a minimum of six units per semester.
Unique Aspects of Program: The Food Science Program accomplishes a record of over 99 % graduate placement. Chapman University is one of the few institutions in this country that offers a specialized curriculum designed to train the professional food science specialists of tomorrow. What makes our program unique is the highly individualized environment through small classes and individual mentoring.. The close relationship that the university maintains with the food industry through internship and cooperative educational programs provides our students with valuable work experience to complement academic learning.
Faculty and Research Interests
Anuradha Prakash,Ph.D; Professor, Program Director
Fredric Caporaso, Ph.D; Professor.
Sensory Evaluation of Foods.
Lilian Were, Ph.D; Assistant Professor.
Food Chemistry, Antioxidants
Kesh Talapatra, Ph.D; Instructor.
Fats and Oils, Food Flavors.
Donna Williams-Hill, Ph.D; Instructor.
Troy Aykan, J.D.; Instructor.
William Jacobs, Ph.D; Instructor.
Susan Polen, M.S.; Instructor.
Quality Control and Assurance.
Debra Topham, M.S.; Instructor.
Nutrition and Human Performance.
Janice Dada, M.S., R.D.; Instructor.