Guidelines, Policies, and FAQ
General Scholarship Policies
- Applicants must be a student member of IFT. Students who have taken advantage of the student-to-member discount will not be eligible to apply for any scholarships.
- A scholarship award winner that withdraws from school, graduates early or substantially alters his/her research program during tenure of the scholarship award must forfeit his/her scholarship. The balance of the scholarship will revert to the general fund of Feeding Tomorrow or will be returned to the donor (at the donor's discretion).
- Students may apply for only one scholarship. If they apply for a Division sponsored scholarship but are not selected as the recipient, they will automatically be considered for a Feeding Tomorrow general scholarship.>
- Scholarships winners may be asked to verify their GPA with official transcripts.
- Applications in which the grades have not been converted to the A=4.0 system will be disqualified.
- There are no scholarship renewals. Current scholarship holders must reapply the following year on the same basis as new applicants.
- Applications must be completed in English.
I applied for a scholarship last year, can I use the same application?
No. You must submit a new application for each year you apply for a scholarship.
Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
You may only apply for one Feeding Tomorrow scholarship. If you are applying for an Evan Turek scholarship or the General Mills scholarship, you may also apply for a Feeding Tomorrow scholarship. Students who apply for an IFT Division scholarship, but are not selected, will automatically be considered for a Feeding Tomorrow scholarship.
I won a scholarship last year, do I need to reapply?
You must submit a new application every year. Our scholarship program is extremely competitive, and earning a scholarship one year is not an indicator of your chance of success for the next year.
I am graduating early during the 2015-2016 academic year. Am I eligible?
No. You must be a full-time student throughout the 2015-2016 school year. If you are graduating prior to May of 2016, you are ineligible for the scholarships.
What forms of transcripts are acceptable to submit?
You may submit ANY form of transcript. Printed, scanned, official, unofficial. As long as the transcript is accurate and legible, it will be accepted. Scholarship winners may be asked to verify their GPA with official transcripts.
When will I hear if I have won a scholarship?
Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 2015.
Who selects the scholarship recipients?
A jury of IFT members with backgrounds in industry, education, non-profits, and government select the scholarship recipients based on merit.
My recommender was not able to email their letter of recommendation.
The recommender must submit the letter of recommendation as an attachment to the email. If the recommender wrote the letter in the body of the email and sent the email, it will not be accepted by our application collection program.
I am a Graduate student who recently took advantage of the student-to-member conversion and am no longer eligible to apply for a scholarship even though I am still in school. Can I change my membership back to student so that I may apply?
Students who are pursuing a Master’s of PhD degree and have taken advantage of the student-to-member conversion may revert back to the student membership and remain eligible to apply for a scholarship if it has not been longer than 7 days since converting. Any student who has been a “member” for longer than one week will not be allowed to switch back to a student membership and will remain ineligible for a scholarship.