Guidelines, Policies, and FAQ
General Scholarship Policies
- A scholarship award winner that withdraws from school, graduates early or substantially alters his/her research program during tenure of the scholarship award must forfeit his/her scholarship. The balance of the scholarship will revert to the general fund of Feeding Tomorrow or will be returned to the donor (at the donor's discretion).
- Scholarships winners may be asked to verify their GPA with official transcripts.
- Applications in which the grades have not been converted to the A=4.0 system will be disqualified.
- There are no scholarship renewals. Current scholarship holders must reapply the following year on the same basis as new applicants.
- Applications must be completed in English.
I applied for a scholarship last year, can I use the same application?
No. You must submit a new application for each year you apply for a scholarship.
Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
You may only apply for one Feeding Tomorrow scholarship, as indicated by selecting the check box for your desired scholarship on the application. If you are applying for an Evan Turek scholarship or the General Mills scholarship, you may also apply for a Feeding Tomorrow scholarship.
I won a scholarship last year, do I need to reapply?
You must submit a new application every year. Our scholarship program is extremely competitive, and earning a scholarship one year is not an indicator of your chance of success for the next year.
I am graduating early during the 2014-2015 academic year. Am I eligible?
No. You must be a full-time student throughout the 2014-2015 school year. If you are graduating prior to May of 2015, you are ineligible for the scholarships.
What forms of transcripts are acceptable to submit?
You may submit ANY form of transcript. Printed, scanned, official, unofficial. As long as the transcript is accurate and legible, it will be accepted. Scholarship winners may be asked to verify their GPA with official transcripts.
When will I hear if I have won a scholarship?
Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 2014.
Who selects the scholarship recipients?
A jury of IFT members with backgrounds in industry, education, non-profits, and government select the scholarship recipients based on merit.
My recommender was not able to email their letter of recommendation.
The recommender must submit the letter of recommendation as an attachment to the email. If the recommender wrote the letter in the body of the email and sent the email, it will not be accepted by our application collection program.