PepsiCo Scholarship and Internship
About: Feeding Tomorrow has partnered with PepsiCo to recognize the exceptional leadership and scholastic achievements of a student pursuing a degree in food science. PepsiCo will award a $1,000 scholarship and a paid internship in Research and Development for the summer of 2017.
PepsiCo offers the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 different product lines that generate more than $1 billion in annual retail sales each. Our main businesses -- Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi Cola – also make hundreds of other enjoyable foods and beverages that are respected household names throughout the world. As a Research and Development Intern, you will have the opportunity apply your technical knowledge by working on business critical projects with the beverage product teams. This opportunity will be located at the PepsiCo R&D facility in Valhalla, NY.
This opportunity is now closed, please continue to check out the Feeding Tomorrow Scholarship page for more scholarship opportunities.
- One (1) $1,000 scholarship awarded
- One paid summer internship PepsiCo in New York
- Paid opportunity to attend IFT17 in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a technical science degree at an IFT-approved undergraduate program or graduate program
- Applicant must have current standing of junior or above (*NOTE: Candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for Fall 2017 to be eligible for this scholarship)
- Applicant’s major must align with an area of interest at PepsiCo (biochemistry, dairy science, food chemistry, food packaging, non-thermal processing or related discipline)
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in food science
- Applicant must demonstrate exceptional leadership experience
- Applicant must be an IFT member at the time of application
- Applicant must pass a drug screen and background investigation
Timeframe of Scholarship Recruitment
- PepsiCo will conduct phone and/or video interviews for top candidates in mid November 2016
- Final candidate will be notified in December 2016
- Scholarship recipient will begin a (10-12 week) internship with PepsiCo beginning in mid-May/June 2017
- Scholarship recipient will also be invited to attend IFT17 in Las Vegas on behalf of PepsiCo