Silliker Inc., a network of food safety testing and consulting laboratories, has opened its Solution Center—the flagship laboratory for North America.
Silliker Inc., a network of food safety testing and consulting laboratories, has opened its Solution Center—the flagship laboratory for North America. The new 71,000-sq-ft facility is the largest laboratory in the Silliker global network. The Silliker Solution Center will be home to both the Illinois Analytical Lab and the Food Science Center. Built to meet today’s global testing demands and with future growth in mind, the Silliker Solution Center includes:
- Expanded analytical chemistry capabilities underscored by investment in new instrumentation
- Advanced nutritional chemistry testing for composition and nutritional labeling
- Increased profile of chemistry testing methods for current and emerging chemical contaminants
- Microbiology testing and serology expertise
- Enhanced capabilities for contract research programs including shelf life and challenge studies
Construction on the $14 million dollar facility was completed in August 2012 and utilized advanced workflow design to maximize efficiency and to minimize any potential for contamination. More than 200 employees from the company’s former Chicago Heights laboratory and South Holland Food Science Center now occupy the Silliker Solution Center, located in Crete, Ill.
“The opening of the Silliker Solution Center is consistent with our global strategic plan to provide our valued customers with the highest level of service from operations based on the latest technologies and instrumentation, combined with a dedicated team focused on operational excellence,” said Philippe Sans, President and CEO.