The International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) will present awards recognizing excellence in food safety to the following IFT members at IAFP 2013, July 28–31, in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gary Acuff, Texas A&M University, College Station, will receive the IAFP Fellow Award. A warded to professionals who have contributed to IAFP and its affiliates with distinction over an extended period of time.
- Morris Potter (retired FDA) will receive the Honorary Life Membership Award. This award recognizes IAFP Members for their dedication to the high ideals and objectives of IAFP and for their service to the Association.
- Paul Hall, Flying Food Group, will receive the Harry Haverland Citation Award for his years of devotion to the ideals and objectives of the Association.
- Santos Garcia Alvarado, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Mexico, will receive the International Leadership Award for his dedication to the high ideals and objectives of IAFP and for promotion of the mission of the Association in countries outside of the United States and Canada.
- Vijay Juneja, USDA-ARS-ERRC, will receive the GMA Food Safety Award in recognition of a long history of outstanding contributions to food safety research and education.
- James Dickson, Iowa State University, will receive the Maurice Weber Laboratorian Award to recognize his service for outstanding contributions in the laboratory and recognizing a commitment to the development of innovative and practical analytical approaches in support of food safety.
- David Blomquist, Ecolab Food & Beverage Division, will receive the Sanitarian Award to recognize his dedication and exceptional service to the profession of sanitarian, serving the public and the food industry.