Education & Training
One of the early achievements of the Center will be to serve as an international “go-to” resource for agriculture and food traceability. This area of the Center will take advantage of efforts in which IFT already excels: education, learning, outreach, training, and communication of ideas and knowledge.
Most immediately, the Center will offer web and face-to-face seminars, workshops, online library resources, and conferences so that stakeholders may share information about traceability solutions and concepts. We also expect the Center’s will provide advisory services to help businesses and governments address gaps in current traceability procedures and practices.
This business will grow to encompass learning events for business professionals and deliver programs and projects that strengthen data collaboration and food traceability. Longer term, the Center may grow to provide technical support on food traceability in the event of an emergency.
- Transfer information and understanding of traceability across the food system.
- Serve as an international resource for agriculture and food traceability.
- Focus on education, training, outreach, advice, and communication of ideas and knowledge.
- Web and face-to-face seminars, workshops, online resources and conferences to share information about existing traceability solutions and concepts.
- Expert staffing services to help businesses and governments address gaps in current traceability procedures and practices.
- Training of business professionals in the delivery of programs and procedures that strengthen data collaboration and traceability.
- Direct technical support to businesses, industry and governments in the event of an emergency, by communicating practical use of industry standards, or simply offering an exchange of knowledge with agriculture and food organizations on a routine basis.