The Science Behind Food and Health
This course explores the compounds and chemistry of bioactives and their impact cognitive health. Learn how important legal and regulatory requirements are in product approval and product claims including recent developments under Section 912 regarding food and drugs. Understand the differences between foods and pharmaceuticals and the interplay between food and drugs.
You will be able to:
- Learn the science behind nutraceuticals and understand the impact nutraceuticals in food has on cognitive health.
- Understand the regulatory implications of food combined with nutraceuticals/pharmaceuticals.
- Identify the requirements and challenges involved in the product approval process.
- Impact of Food on Cognitive Health
- Science Behind Nutraceuticals: Compounds and Bioactives
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements Regarding Food and Health
- Food vs. Pharmaceuticals
Food Scientists, Dietitians, Biochemists, Processors, Nutritional Scientists, Regulatory Affairs Professionals, Nutritional scientists, Analytical
Introductory to Intermediate - Recent Graduates, professionals with 5 to 10 years experience
Non-Member Registration Fee:
Member Registration Fee:
Student Registration Fee: