Food Science for the Non-Food Scientist
Learn the basic principles of food science and equip yourself with an enhanced understanding of the role of food science in the development of food products.
Gain a better understanding of the importance of food safety, basic regulatory issues and food science trends.
You will be able to:
- Better understand the field and processes involved with food science, and develop a common vernacular.
- Identify ways food science impacts and supports various aspects of non-scientific work.
- Identify trends in food science.
- What is Food Science?
- Food Chemistry: Proteins, Carbohydrates and Lipids
- Food Ingredients and their Impact on Product Development
- Flavor Creation & Sensory Evaluation
- Food Microbiology
- Food Safety
- Nutrition & Health
- The Food in Regulation
Here’s what previous online course participants had to say:
“I found it very relative to my role and helpful for me personally to gain a better understanding around what different ingredients do and how they all work together.”
“Course content was what I expected, made me wish to pursue further detail in food chemistry and food microbiology. Thank you!”
“Good general overview of everything involved in getting a product from concept to market.”
Management, Sales & Marketing, Consumer Insights, Regulators, Scientists with a concentration in areas other than Food Science, Personnel who interact with R&D, Operations & Production Personnel, Dieticians, Academics, Students
Non-Member Registration Fee:
Member Registration Fee:
Student Registration Fee:
8 - 9 hours
Dr Mark A Uebersax, CFS