Inaugural Food Science & Innovation Conference a Success
Hosted by IFT and the Latin American and Caribbean Association of Food Science and Technology (ALACCTA), the first-ever Food Science & Innovation Conference was a resounding success. Drawing in more than 100 food professionals from across the globe, the doors opened on Monday, February 27, 2012, to three full days of candid exchange around practices, issues and innovations impacting the global food industry.
Through dialogue and formal sessions with leading food science and technology professionals, participants of the event walked away with:
- An account of global issues in food safety
- Perspectives from industry leaders on issues impacting global trade, product development and consumer choices
- An understanding of the Food Safety Modernization Act, and its impact on the industry
- Business contacts across the globe for discussion post-event
More than 40 speakers discussed concerns and issues spanning the global scale within these focus areas:
- Health & Wellness
- Innovations in Food Processing
- Food Safety
Finally, three separate, focused Short Courses covering additives, product tracing, and leadership, took place just prior to the main event. Through these in-depth learning formats, participants were able to dive deep into particular topics, and interact with their colleagues for 1 to 2 full days.
Presentations from the event will be available shortly to all participants of the event. Stay tuned for details. Questions about the IFT & ALACCTA Food Science & Innovation Conference should also be directed to Amanda Perl at email@example.com.