IFT Joint Membership Programs
The food supply chain is becoming increasingly diverse, complex, and global. With our planet’s population estimated to reach more than 9 billion by 2050, the world faces many pressing food demands, and food scientists and technologists will provide the innovations required to address this challenge.
To help meet the needs of professionals working in today’s global food sector, IFT has developed joint membership programs with two other leading organizations in the food sector: the Institute of Food Science and Technology (IFST) and the Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology (CIFST).
IFT members who participate in one these joint membership programs receive an expanded level of benefits that they can use to inform their work to advance the science of food.
IFT Member Benefits*
- Digital access to Food Technology magazine
- Complimentary access to valuable professional and career resources developed by IFT, including member-only content and tools on ift.org, all live and on-demand IFT webcasts, IFT Connect (IFT’s online networking and discussion community), topic-based special interest groups, and the online membership directory
- Face-to-face and virtual networking opportunities with an international community of food professionals
- Exclusive member discounts on IFT annual event registration, Certified Food Scientist (CFS) application fees and recertification, online courses, short courses, the Journal of Food Science, IFT Press books, and more
IFST Joint Membership
Open to food sector professionals based in the United Kingdom, individuals who participate in this program will be full members of IFST and have access to all IFST member benefits, including:
- IFST’s Food Science & Technology (FS&T) magazine sent to you quarterly and available online
- IFST’s monthly email newsletter, along with e-alerts highlighting upcoming events, offers, etc.
- Connect with other IFST’s members through its range of subject interest areas, regions (including British Section IFT), online discussions, LinkedIn groups, and our online member finder
- Discounted access to conferences and events, such as IFST’s Spring Conference
- Free online access to the International Journal of Food Science & Technology (IJFST)
- Professional recognition through a range of specialist professional registers
IFT and IFST members based in the U.K. can become members of both organizations for only £80, in addition to the IFST subscription rate. To learn more about and participate in the IFT/IFST Joint Membership Program, please contact Erin Taylor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +44 (0) 20 7603 6316.
CIFST Joint Membership
Open to food sector professionals based in Canada, individuals who participate in this program will be full members of CIFST and have access to all CIFST member benefits, including:
- A digital subscription to CIFST’s Canadian Food Insights magazine and DIRECTIONS email news brief
- Networking opportunities through national, international, and regional events, as well as access to the CIFST online membership directory
- Opportunities to participate in volunteer leadership roles and scientific expert panels
- Access to CIFST's member-only job board and free posting of curriculum vitae
- Eligibility for CIFST Institute Awards and student scholarships
- Member discounts on event registration fees, journal subscriptions, home and auto insurance, and job board employment postings
IFT and CIFST members based in Canada can become members of both organizations for only $120 (CAD), plus CIFST membership dues.
If you are interested in taking advantage of this offer, including if you are a current IFT member who would like to link your IFT and CIFST renewal dates, please contact CIFST at email@example.com or call +1.905.271.8338 to learn more.
* Participants in this program will have digital-only access to Food Technology magazine, and are not eligible to participate in the IFT Fellows program or the IFT Leadership Elections. IFT Professional and Emeritus Professional Members would need to modify their membership type and become standard members in order to be eligible for this program.