College and Student Relations Committee
The College and Student Relations Committee acts as a liaison between the NCIFT Section and Student Members at appropriate college campuses. The Chair is appointed by the NCIFT Chairman. Committee members should include representatives from IFT-accredited schools within the jurisdiction of NCIFT as well as interested NCIFT members.
1. Solicit and encourage student involvement and participation in Section affairs (meetings, supplier's Night, etc.).
2. Make presentations at student club meetings, informing students of the advantages of participating in the section.
3. Present student concerns to the section at Executive Committee Meetings.
4. Provide assistance to students in
obtaining travel support to the annual IFT meeting through the NCIFT Travel
Awards Committee. This involves:
a) distribute applications to students and collect them by March 15.
b) work with Food Technology Club faculty advisors to prioritize the applications.
c) send the applications to the Travel Awards Committee by April 1.
d) after the Executive Committee has approved the award, work with the Food Technology Clubs faculty advisors to determine the final allotment of NCIFT and Food Technology Club funds, obtaining final approval from the Chairman of the Travel Awards Committee.
5. Work with the Food Technology Clubs NCIFT Student Representatives to host the January NCIFT meeting at UC Davis. This meeting is planned and presented by the students.
6. Work with the UCD Food Science and Technology Department to coordinate awards presentation at the Section Student Awards Recognition Night.
7. Recommend to the NCIFT Chairman
student members for appointment to various committees.
· NCIFT Chairman appoints Committee chair. This may be a co-chair position with a representative from UC Davis and San Jose State University. Appointment is at discretion of NCIFT Chairman.
· Chair appoints committee having representatives from appropriate college and universities.
· Work with the Food Tech Club NCIFT Student Representatives to host the January NCIFT meeting at U.C. Davis. Additional meetings may be planned during the fall.
· Committee member(s) make presentations at student club November, meetings informing them of upcoming Executive Committee meetings, Suppliers Night and advantages participating in the NCIFT section.
· Distribute applications to students for travel support to annual IFT meeting.
· Collect travel award applications from Food Tech club faculty advisors.
· Send travel award applications to Travel Awards Committee.
· After the Executive Committee has approved the award, work with the Food Tech Club faculty advisors to determine the final allotment of NCIFT and Food Tech funds available for travel. Final approval is obtained from the Chairman of the Travel Awards Committee