The function of the Members-at-Large is to represent the membership of the NCIFT as a voting member at the Executive Committee meetings. the Members-at-Large are also the editorial board. One person of the four Members-at-Large will be named Editorial Board Chairman.
1. Attend bi-monthly Executive Committee Meetings and vote on issues.
2. Represent the members at the meeting by making suggestions for future programs.
3. Meet at least three times per year
with the Hornblower editor to perform the functions of the Editorial Board
a) Establish a meeting schedule for the year at the first meeting of the year. At least two meetings should be held within the first three months of office.
b) Review the past years guidelines for the Hornblower and set new guidelines if needed.
c) Set up a system with the Hornblower editor of how to preview the articles for the Hornblower.
d) Prepare a list of topics for the six issues of the Hornblower. Publish the list and ask the membership to submit articles on any of the topics.
e) Assist the Editor in obtaining pertinent articles by preparing a list of contact names and phone numbers of suggested qualified people who could potentially write an article on each of the specified topics.
4. The Editorial Board Chairman is
a) organizing and coordinating the Editorial Board Members.
b) communicating of decisions made by the board to the Hornblower Editor.
c) reports at the Executive Committee meetings any progress or guidelines changes.
· Attend August meeting of Executive Committee
· Attend October meeting of Executive Committee
· Attend December meeting of Executive Committee
· Meet to schedule first meetings of the year. At least two meetings should be held by the end to March.
· Attend February meeting of Executive Committee
· Prepare a list of topics for the next six issues of the Hornblower. Publish the list to the membership in the following Hornblower.
· Assist the Editor in obtaining pertinent articles by preparing a list of individuals who could contribute articles to the Hornblower
· Attend April meeting of Executive Committee
· Attend June meeting of Executive Committee