OUTSTANDING MEMBER AWARD COMMITTEE
It is the policy of the Northern California Section of the Institute of Food Technologists to provide recognition to one of its members when warranted by outstanding contributions to the Section or to Food Science and Technology. Recognition is made by the Awards Committee in the form of the Outstanding Member Award.
1. Selection of the recipient of the Outstanding Member Award will be made by the Awards Committee. This committee shall consist of six (6) members, three of whom shall be appointed each year for a two-year term. Selection of these members is made in October by the Chairman. Vacancies are filled by the appointment procedure established in Article V, Section 3 of the By-Laws.
2. Recognition of an outstanding member of NCIFT is made in the form of an Outstanding Member Award which consists of a certificate memento to be presented at the annual Meeting of the Section. This meeting is usually connected with Suppliers Night arranged by NCIFT.
3. The Awards Committee will make public its selection at the Annual Meeting of the NCIFT held in April. The Section Chairman, however, must be informed of the selection at the last scheduled Executive Committee Meeting prior to the Annual Meeting. The Chairman is responsible for making the appropriate arrangements for the presentation of the award to the recipient and for a photo and writeup in the Hornblower.
· Chair selects three new members to the Awards Committee for a two year term.
· Awards Committee solicits names of individuals for consideration of the Outstanding Member Award.
· Awards committee submits its selection for receipt of the Outstanding Member Award.
· Chair makes arrangements for presentation of the award to the recipient.
· Awards Committee makes public its selection at the NCIFT Annual Meeting.
· Chair arranges for a photo and writeup in the Hornblower.