Washington DC Section - Meeting Announcement
Washington DC Section
May 2008 Meeting
The 2008 Regional
Science Fair Award Reception
Thursday, May 1, 2008
University of Maryland
Advance registration is required by April 27!
Send your name and your status (IFT member, nonmember, student, or emeritus member) to:
Chris DiPietro, DC IFT Secretary
The University of Maryland is located in College Park, MD 20742.
Metro: Take the Red Line train (toward Glenmont); transfer at the Fort Totten station to the Green Line train (toward Greenbelt); get off at the College Park/U of MD station. Or take the Green Line train (toward Greenbelt); get off at the College Park/U of MD station. The university's Shuttle-UM buses pick up university-bound passengers on the EAST side of the metrorail station. Get off the Shuttle-UM at the second stop in front of the Stamp Student Union.
From Washington, D.C. (Northwest/Southwest) Via 16th Street North
1. Take 16th St. North 16th St. becomes Georgia Ave. North at Maryland/D.C. line
2. Go East on the Capital Beltway (I-495) toward "Baltimore"
3. Take Exit 28B "650 South New Hampshire Avenue Tacoma Park"
4. Go South on New Hampshire Avenue
5. Proceed approximately 1/2 mile
6. At the second traffic light, turn left onto Adelphi Road
7. At the third traffic light, turn left onto University Boulevard (Route 193)
8.Proceed through two traffic lights and exit right onto U.S. Route 1 South to College Park
9. Turn right onto campus via Campus Drive.
Parking: Continue on Campus Drive. Turn right at Union Lane, park in the Union Lane garage.
The Stamp Student Union faces the Union Lane garage.
Return to: Top of page | DC IFT Home Page | IFT Home Page
Last Modified: April 28, 2008