This course will provide an update on how package design and innovation sways consumer purchase and satisfaction of food products and how consumer research in packaging is performed.
This webcast was organized by IFT's Food Packaging Division.
This course will provide an update on how package design and innovation sways consumer purchase and satisfaction of food products and how consumer research in packaging is performed. This webinar will provide an update on how the impact of package design and innovation can be best assessed with consumers. Two actual scenarios – one with innovation in intelligent packaging and one with innovation in graphic design – will be used to explain testing methods. These results will then be addressed in the context of how a design team explores results and constraints to arrive at a final package design. The panel provides the opportunity to engage with three industry experts on how a design team would go through the design and consumer testing process to explore a challenge.
1) Attendees will be able to understand what aspects of packaging are used by a design team to explore a challenge
2) Attendees will be able to appraise the impact of package design on shopper behavior and food sensory properties
3) Attendees will gain a perspective on how to assess if a package innovation can add value to consumers
4) Attendees will differentiate between different methods of transforming critical information into meaningful design direction to ensure packaging success
5) Attendees will be better able to work with a package design mindset/team to ensure that design and innovations resonate with consumers.