PepsiCo has announced the eight emerging nutrition, health, and wellness brands that will join its first collaborative incubator program in Europe. Designed to support nutrition food and beverage entrepreneurs, the PepsiCo Nutrition Greenhouse program offers each of the eight participating companies a €25,000 grant and six months partnering with PepsiCo experts to accelerate the growth of their business.
The eight, one of whom will receive an additional €100,000 at the end of the program, are:
- Divingmar (Malaga, Spain): Flavor-enhancing proteins rich in amino acids made from kombu, a variety of edible seaweed.
- Erbology (London): Organic wholefoods made from powerful plants, carefully selected to complement each other. Ingredients include Jerusalem artichoke packed with prebiotic fiber, sea buckthorn high in omega-7 fatty acids, and amaranth rich in high-quality protein. Erbology works in partnership with independent farmers.
- Fit Kitchen (London): High-protein, fiber-rich microwavable ready prepared meals designed by nutritionists to deliver meal options that are low in carbohydrates and under 300 calories.
- Frecious (Geneva, Switzerland): Ready-to-eat, sustainably made and conveniently packed fruit and vegetable products to accompany bread or crackers, use in salads or as a fresh condiment for grains, eggs, fish, and meats.
- JIMINI’S (Montreuil, France): Nutrition packed snacks made from edible insects that are farmed in Europe to ensure quality and traceability as well as reduced environmental impact.
- Nature On Tap Ltd / TAPPED Birch Water (London): TAPPED Birch Water made from the rejuvenating liquid that flows inside birch trees. Tapping into centuries-old Nordic traditions, this product is full of nutrients, minerals and a natural source of the antioxidant manganese.
- No Fairytales (Amsterdam): Tortilla wraps with a difference—made from carrots and beets. Containing 45% vegetables and high source of fiber with fewer calories.
- Your Superfoods (Berlin, Germany): Superfood mixes that add a nutritious boost to smoothies, juices, yogurt, muesli, and snacks. Packed with powerful, nutrient-dense whole foods from around the world for more energy, immunity, antioxidants, and protein.
The PepsiCo Nutrition Greenhouse launched in March 2017 and focuses on nutritious food and beverage products aimed at European consumers with sales of €2 million or less. The eight companies were chosen based on their product and brand qualities, focus on consumer health, scalable business model, and uniqueness in the market.
As well as receiving a €25,000 grant, the eight companies will partner with PepsiCo’s functional and brand experts to help them realize their market potential. Through a series of in-person workshops and virtual events, each company will work with their PepsiCo partner to address immediate market challenges and put in place plans to achieve accelerated growth.
At the end of the program, the company that demonstrates the most breakthrough market approach, that is both sustainable and scalable, will be awarded a €100,000 prize to continue its expansion.