Evan Turek Memorial Scholarship and Internship Sponsored by Mondelēz International
Sponsor: Mondelēz International
About: Evan Turek was an exceptional mentor who was dedicated to helping shape the next generation of food science scientists and developing leaders in the field. Through Feeding Tomorrow, the Evan Turek Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate in food science that embodies the scientific and leadership characteristics of Evan Turek.
The scholarship recipient will also have the opportunity to intern at Mondelēz International in the summer of 2017. The internship will pay a weekly salary and offer subsidized housing. The location of the internship assignment depends on Mondelēz International’s needs. Potential internship locations include Glenview, IL, East Hanover or Whippany, NJ.
This opportunity is now closed, please continue to check out the Feeding Tomorrow Scholarship page for more scholarship opportunities.
- One (1) $1,000 Scholarship
- One paid summer internship with subsidized housing provided by Mondelēz International
- Opportunity to attend IFT17 in Las Vegas, Nevada at the expense of Mondelēz International
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time rising sophomore, junior, or senior university student pursuing a food science degree at an IFT-approved undergraduate program*** If you are currently a senior who will be graduating before May 2017 you are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicant’s major must align with an area of interest at Mondelēz International (agricultural engineering, biochemistry, chemical engineering, dairy science, food chemistry, food engineering, food packaging, non-thermal processing or related discipline)
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in food science
- Applicant must demonstrate exceptional leadership experience
- Applicant be a member at time of application
- Applicant must have or obtain a F1 visa if he or she is an international student
Timeframe of Scholarship/Internship Recruitment:
- Mondelēz International will conduct phone and video interviews for top candidates in November 2016
- Final candidate will be notified in December 2016
- Scholarship recipient will begin a (10-12 week) internship with Mondelēz International beginning in mid-May/June 2017
- Scholarship recipient will also be invited to attend the IFT17 in Las Vegas at Mondelēz International’s expense