Evan Turek Memorial Scholarship and Internship Sponsored by Mondelēz International
Sponsor: Mondelēz International
About:Evan Turek was an exceptional mentor who was dedicated to helping shape the next generation of food science scientists and developing leaders in the field. Through Feeding Tomorrow, the Evan Turek Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate in food science that embodies the scientific and leadership characteristics of Evan Turek.
The scholarship recipient will also have the opportunity to intern at Mondelēz International in the summer of 2014. The internship will pay a weekly salary and offer subsidized housing. The location of the internship assignment depends on Mondelēz International’s needs. Potential internship locations include Glenview, IL, East Hanover or Whippany, NJ.
Deadline: February 10, 2014
- One (1) $1,000 Scholarship
- One paid summer internship with subsidized housing with Mondelēz International
- Opportunity to attend the 2014 IFT Annual Food Meeting & Expo ® in New Orleans at the expense of Mondelēz International
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time rising sophomore, junior, or senior university student pursuing a food science degree at an IFT-approved undergraduate program*** If you are currently a senior who will be graduating in 2014 you are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicant’s major must align with an area of interest at Mondelēz International (agricultural engineering, biochemistry, chemical engineering, dairy science, food chemistry, food engineering, food packaging, non-thermal processing or related discipline)
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in food science
- Applicant must demonstrate exceptional leadership experience
- Applicant must join or renew student membership to IFT by May 1, 2014
- Applicant must have or obtain a F1 visa if he or she is an international student
Timeframe of Scholarship/Internship Recruitment:
- Mondelēz International will conduct phone and video interviews for top candidates in mid February 2014
- Final candidate will be notified by March 2014
- Scholarship recipient will begin a (10-12 week) internship with Mondelēz International beginning in mid-May/June 2014
- Scholarship recipient will also be invited to attend the IFT14 in New Orleans at Mondelēz International’s expense
All applicants must submit a completed application, one copy of their transcripts, and one letter of recommendation. Before you begin, the following must be completed:
The letter of recommendation must be attached to the email and NOT in the body of the email.
- Click the Scholarship Application Form button below to upload your documents and submit your application.
Evan Turek Scholarship by Mondelēz Submission Form