General Mills Graduate Scholarship and Internship
Sponsor: General Mills
About: Feeding Tomorrow has partnered with General Mills to recognize the exceptional leadership and scholastic achievements of two graduate students pursuing advanced degrees in food science. General Mills will award two graduate students a $5,000 scholarship and a twelve week paid internship in Quality or Research and Development for the summer of 2014. Subsidized housing will also be available to the internship recipients.
Deadline: February 10, 2014
Award: Two Scholarships and Internships will be awarded
- One (1) $5,000 graduate scholarship
- One paid summer internship with subsidized housing with General Mills
- Applicant must be a full-time graduate student enrolled in a MS or Ph.D. food science program with an interest in Research and Development and/or Quality
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Applicant must have or obtain an F-1 visa if they are an international student
- Applicant must be a member of the IFT Student Association at the time of application
Timeframe of Scholarship/Internship Recruitment:
- General Mills recruiters will conduct phone interviews for top candidates in mid-February 2014
- General Mills recruiters will conduct video or Skype interviews for top candidates in late February or early March 2014
- Final two candidates will be notified in April 2014
- Candidates will receive scholarship money by May 31, 2013
- General Mills 12-week internship will begin in late May or June and conclude in August 2014. R&D internships will be in Minneapolis, MN and Quality internships will be in our manufacturing facilities located throughout the country.
All applicants must submit a completed application, one copy of their transcripts, and one letter of recommendation. Before you begin, the following must be completed:
- Download the General Mills Scholarship Application (PDF). You must download and save the document to your computer, and then fill out and SAVE the PDF.
- Collect a copy of your transcripts. All transcripts (scanned, downloaded, official, unofficial, etc.) will be accepted. You will have the option to upload a copy of your transcripts, or you mail email a copy directly to upload.Transcr.firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Have a copy of your resume of CV available. You will be prompted to upload this document on the next page.
- Contact your recommender. Your recommender must submit one letter of recommendation as an attachment directly to upload.Transcr.email@example.com .
The letter of recommendation must be attached to the email and NOT in the body of the email.
- Click the Scholarship Application Form button below to upload your documents and submit your application.
General Mills Graduate Scholarship and Internship Submission Form