Sponsor: General Mills
About: Feeding Tomorrow has partnered with General Mills to recognize the exceptional leadership and scholastic achievements of graduate students pursuing advanced degrees in food science. General Mills will award a graduate student a $5,000 scholarship and a twelve week paid internship in Research and Development for the summer of 2017.
This opportunity is open September 1, 2016 and will closed on October 15, 2016 at 5pm CT.
- One (1) $5,000 graduate scholarship
- One paid summer internship with subsidized housing with General Mills
- Applicant must be a full-time graduate student enrolled in a MS or Ph.D. food science program with an interest in Research and Development (must not graduate prior to June 2017)
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Applicant must have or obtain an F-1 visa if they are an international student. Please note: applicant must currently have the right to work in the US on an ongoing basis to work in the Research and Development internship.
- Applicant must be a member of the IFT Student Association at the time of application
- Applicant must be able to work a 11-12 week internship during June – August 2017
Timeframe of Scholarship/Internship Recruitment:
- General Mills recruiters will conduct phone interviews for top candidates in October 2016
- Recipients will be notified by November 2016
- Candidates will receive scholarship money by August 2017
- General Mills 12-week internship will begin in late May or June and conclude in August 2017.