General Mills Graduate Scholarship and Internship
Sponsor: General Mills
About: Feeding Tomorrow has partnered with General Mills to recognize the exceptional leadership and scholastic achievements of two graduate students pursuing advanced degrees in food science. General Mills will award two graduate students a $5,000 scholarship and a twelve week paid internship in Quality or Research and Development for the summer of 2015. Subsidized housing will also be available to the internship recipients.
Deadline: The Scholarship application deadline has passed. Please check back in November 2014.
Award: Two Scholarships and Internships will be awarded
- One (1) $5,000 graduate scholarship
- One paid summer internship with subsidized housing with General Mills
- Applicant must be a full-time graduate student enrolled in a MS or Ph.D. food science program with an interest in Research and Development and/or Quality
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Applicant must have or obtain an F-1 visa if they are an international student
- Applicant must be a member of the IFT Student Association at the time of application
Timeframe of Scholarship/Internship Recruitment:
- General Mills recruiters will conduct phone interviews for top candidates in mid-February 2015
- General Mills recruiters will conduct video or Skype interviews for top candidates in late February or early March 2015
- Final two candidates will be notified in April 2015
- Candidates will receive scholarship money by May 31, 2015
- General Mills 12-week internship will begin in late May or June and conclude in August 2015. R&D internships will be in Minneapolis, MN and Quality internships will be in our manufacturing facilities located throughout the country.