General Mills Graduate Scholarship and Internship
Sponsor: General Mills
About: Feeding Tomorrow has partnered with General Mills to recognize the exceptional leadership and scholastic achievements of graduate students pursuing advanced degrees in food science. General Mills will award a graduate student a $5,000 scholarship and a twelve week paid internship in Research and Development for the summer of 2017.
This opportunity is now closed, please continue to check out the Feeding Tomorrow Scholarship page for more scholarship opportunities.
- One (1) $5,000 graduate scholarship
- One paid summer internship with subsidized housing with General Mills
- Applicant must be a full-time graduate student enrolled in a MS or Ph.D. food science program with an interest in Research and Development (must not graduate prior to June 2017)
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Applicant must have or obtain an F-1 visa if they are an international student. Please note: applicant must currently have the right to work in the US on an ongoing basis to work in the Research and Development internship.
- Applicant must be a member of the IFT Student Association at the time of application
- Applicant must be able to work a 11-12 week internship during June – August 2017
Timeframe of Scholarship/Internship Recruitment:
- General Mills recruiters will conduct phone interviews for top candidates in October 2016
- Recipients will be notified by November 2016
- Candidates will receive scholarship money by August 2017
- General Mills 12-week internship will begin in late May or June and conclude in August 2017.