Feeding Tomorrow awards annual scholarships to students pursuing an undergraduate degree in a variety of disciplines within the science of food. Students must be enrolled an IFT-approved food science program. Please see the list of available scholarships below, and remember to verify your eligibility and review the application requirements.
- Applicant must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicant must be a student member of IFT at the time of application.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time rising sophomore, junior, or senior student pursuing an undergraduate degree in food science at an IFT-approved undergraduate food science program in Fall 2017.
- Current seniors, who will be graduating before May 2018, may not be eligible for all scholarships. Please view eligibility for specific scholarships
Types of Undergraduate Scholarships:
1. IFT Division Scholarships – Applications will OPEN December 1, 2016
IFT Division scholarships, administered by Feeding Tomorrow, give students the opportunity to apply for an award that is specific to their field of study. In addition to the monetary award, scholarship recipients get the added benefit of meeting Division members, which will allow them to take advantage of networking opportunities with industry leaders specific to their future profession. Students may only apply for ONE Division scholarship.
Students who apply for a Division scholarship but are not selected as recipients will be automatically be considered for a Feeding Tomorrow General Scholarship and will not be required to provide any additional information or complete a different application.
- IFT Food Engineering Division Scholarship
Award: (1) $1,000
This scholarship is available to an undergraduate student pursuing a research project focusing on any aspect of food process engineering. The research may occur during the academic year or summer. The student will work with a research mentor who is a member of the Food Engineering Division of IFT. In addition to the application, students will be required to submit a recommendation letter from a research mentor stating that the mentor will supervise the student to do research in their lab.
- IFT Food Microbiology Division Scholarship (Undergraduate)
Award: (1) $1,000
Available to undergraduate student studying food microbiology.
2. Feeding Tomorrow General Scholarships – Applications will OPEN December 1, 2016
The Feeding Tomorrow Education Fund provides scholarships to students demonstrating exceptional scholastic achievements, leadership experience, and a devotion to the food science and technology profession.
- Feeding Tomorrow Undergraduate Scholarship, Multiple Awards $1,000 - $2,500
Students who apply for a Feeding Tomorrow General Scholarship will be automatically considered for the Dr. Ann C. Hollingsworth Student Leadership Scholarship, IFT Past Presidents Scholarship, John and Irene Powers Scholarship and the McCormick and Company Endowed Scholarship
3. Sponsored Scholarships – Applications will OPEN December 1, 2016
Through the generous donations from our corporate and organizational partners, Feeding Tomorrow administers the following scholarships:
- Institute for Thermal Processing Specialists- Irving Pflug Memorial Scholarship
Award (1) $1,500
Available to an undergraduate student studying food science, food engineering or food microbiology as it relates to food preservation.
- Edlong Dairy Technologies Scholarship
Award: (1) $3,000
Available only to rising juniors and seniors. This scholarship is intended for a student pursuing a degree in food science with an emphasis on dairy flavors and/or dairy science. This scholarship is also open to graduate students. Undergraduate scores will be weighted for comparison.