Feeding Tomorrow awards annual scholarships to students pursuing an undergraduate degree in food science within an IFT-approved food science program
. Please see the list of available scholarships below, and remember to verify your eligibility and review the application requirements.
The Scholarship application deadline has passed. Please check back in November 2014.
- Current seniors, who will be graduating on or before May 2015, are not eligible for a Feeding Tomorrow scholarship. If you are a graduating senior and planning to pursue a graduate degree in food science, please refer to the graduate scholarship information.
Feeding Tomorrow General Education Scholarships, Multiple Awards of $1,000 and $2,000
The Feeding Tomorrow Education Fund provides scholarships to students demonstrating exceptional scholastic achievements, leadership experience, and a devotion to the food science and technology profession.
Students who apply for General Feeding Tomorrow Scholarships will be eligible for the following scholarships:
- Dr. Ann C. Hollingsworth Student Leadership Scholarship, Award: (1) $1,000
- IFT Past Presidents Scholarship, Award: (1) $1,000
- John and Irene Powers Scholarship, Award: (1) $1,000
- Julie Van De Velde Leadership Scholarship, Award: (1) $1,000
- McCormick and Company Endowed Scholarship, Award: (1) $2,500
Institute for Thermal Processing Specialists- Irving Pflug Memorial Scholarship, Award: (1) $1,500
Available to an undergraduate student studying food science, food engineering or food microbiology as it relates to food preservation.
IFT Food Engineering Division Scholarship, Award: (1) $1,000
Available to an undergraduate student pursuing a research project focusing on any aspect of food process engineering. The research may occur during the academic year or summer. The student will work with a research mentor who is a member of the Food Engineering Division of IFT. Students applying for this scholarship must submit supplemental materials, please see application for details.
Edlong Dairy Technologies Scholarship, Award: (1) $3,000
Available only to rising sophomores and juniors. This scholarship is intended for a student pursuing a degree in food science with an emphasis on dairy flavors and/or dairy science. Applicants must submit an additional 500-word essay describing their interest in dairy flavors and/or dairy science. This scholarship is also open to graduate students. Undergraduate scores will be weighted for comparison.
IFT Food Microbiology Division Scholarship, Award: (1) $1,000
Sponsored by the IFT Food Microbiology Division, this scholarship is available to an undergraduate student studying food microbiology.
All applicants must submit a completed application, one copy of their transcripts, and one letter of recommendation. Before you begin, the following must be completed:
- Download the Undergraduate Scholarship Application (PDF). You must download and save the document to your computer, and then fill out and SAVE the PDF.
- Collect a copy of your transcripts. All transcripts (scanned, downloaded, official, unofficial, etc.) will be accepted. You will have the option to upload a copy of your transcripts, or you mail email a copy directly to email@example.com.
- If you are applying for a scholarship which requires the submission of additional application materials, you must have the materials ready to upload on the following page.
- Contact your recommender. Your recommender must submit one letter of recommendation as an attachment directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The letter of recommendation must be attached to the email and NOT in the body of the email.
Undergraduate Scholarship Submission Form