Emerging Leaders Network
Join the Best and Brightest in the Science of Food
The IFT Emerging Leaders Network (ELN) is a highly selective global leadership program established for new professionals in the science of food who are eager to expand their leadership skills. The program is designed to bridge the gap between the participant’s academic experience and their on–the–job training.
In addition to attending a two–and–a–half day intensive leadership seminar at IFT17 in Las Vegas (June 23–25, 2017), participants can expect to establish meaningful, lifelong connections; gain new insights into scientific and technological issues; and develop critical leadership skills needed to communicate the value of the profession.
As an IFT Emerging Leader, you’ll:
- Participate in an intensive two–and–a–half day leadership seminar at IFT17 in Las Vegas (June 23–25, 2017), plus have full registration to IFT17 (June 25–28, 2017)
- Have personal access to IFT volunteer leadership as well as mentorship and peer collaboration opportunities
- Receive on–stage recognition at the IFT17 Awards Ceremony
- Gain an understanding of the current state of the profession and what the future may hold
- Learn and practice critical skills, such as leading through conflict management, team dynamics, and change management
- IFT membership
- Current full–time employment within the science of food profession
- Less than 10 years of professional experience in academia, government, or industry (at time of application)
- Plans to continue in a role that supports the advancement of the profession
- Demonstration of leadership skills and potential for further development
- Availability and commitment to attend the IFT17 Emerging Leaders Network seminar, Friday, June 23–Sunday, June 25, 2017 in Las Vegas, NV
A one–time program fee is due upon acceptance to the program. The fee for industry professionals is $600.00. This fee includes the IFT17 registration fee and meals during the seminar. Non-profit organizations including academic institutions and government agencies will be offered a reduced registration fee; please contact Shannon Rodnick for details. See below for program support offered through the Emerging Leader Award.
Emerging Leaders Network (ELN) Award
This year, IFT proudly announces the inaugural Emerging Leaders Network Award. This award will be given to select candidates who demonstrate high potential for success in leadership roles and a strong commitment to the profession.
As an ELN awardee, your program fee will be fully covered. In addition, awardees will receive:
- Hotel accommodations for five nights in Las Vegas during IFT17
- Individual recognition at the IFT17 Awards Ceremony, as well as in IFT communications, Food Technology magazine, and on the IFT website
- Three mentoring sessions with either an IFT Fellow or member of the IFT Board of Directors
- Opportunity to serve as a 2018 ELN Peer Mentor
Congratulations to the 2017 Emerging Leaders Network Award Recipients!
- Akshay Kumar Anugu, PhD; Ingredion Incorporated
- Bicheng Wu, PhD; Ingredion Incorporated
- Diane M Schmitt, PhD; Wegmans Food Market, INC
- Jean Pankuku, Universal Industries Limited
- Rosalee Hellberg, PhD; Chapman University