Sponsor: Kraft Foods
About: Evan Turek was an exceptional mentor who was dedicated to helping shape the next generation of food science scientists and developing leaders in the field. Through Feeding Tomorrow, the Evan Turek Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate in food science that embodies the scientific and leadership characteristics of Evan Turek.
The scholarship recipient will also have the opportunity to intern at Kraft Foods Group in the summer of 2016. The internship will pay a weekly salary and offer subsidized housing. The location of the internship assignment will depend on Kraft’s needs. Potential internship locations include Glenview, IL, Tarrytown, NY, or Madison, WI.
Further Information on the scholarship will be available Fall 2015
- One (1) $1,000 Scholarship
- One paid summer internship with subsidized housing provided by Kraft Foods
- Opportunity to attend IFT16 in Chicago at the expense of Kraft Foods
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time rising sophomore, junior, or senior university student pursuing a food science degree at an IFT-approved undergraduate program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ***If you are currently a senior who will be graduating before May 2016, you are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicant’s major must align with an area of interest at Kraft Foods Group (food science, nutrition, agricultural engineering, biochemistry, chemical engineering, dairy science, food chemistry, food engineering, food packaging, non-thermal processing or related discipline)
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in food science
- Applicant must demonstrate exceptional leadership experience
- Applicant must be an IFTSA member at the time of application
- Applicant must have or obtain a F1 visa if he or she is an international student
Timeframe of Scholarship/Internship Recruitment
- Kraft Foods Group will conduct phone and/or video interviews for top candidates in mid November 2015
- Final candidate will be notified by December 2015
- Scholarship recipient will begin a (10-12 week) internship with Kraft Foods Group beginning in mid-May/June 2016
- Scholarship recipient will also be invited to attend the IFT16 in Chicago at Kraft Foods’ expense