Feeding Tomorrow awards annual scholarships to students pursuing a graduate degree in a variety of disciplines within the science of food. Please see the list of available scholarships below, and remember to verify your eligibility and review the application requirements. Applicant’s school of enrollment can be any educational institution conducting fundamental investigations for the advancement of food science and food technology, unless there are stated exceptions of scholarship criteria for sponsored scholarships.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time MS or Ph.D. student beginning in the Fall 2017 academic year.
- Applicant must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicant must be a student member of IFT at the time of application.
Types of Graduate Scholarships:
1. IFT Division Scholarships – Applications will CLOSE February 15, 2017 at 11:59pm CT
IFT Division scholarships, administered by Feeding Tomorrow, give students the opportunity to apply for an award that is specific to their field of study. In addition to the monetary award, scholarship recipients get the added benefit of meeting Division members, which will allow them to take advantage of networking opportunities with industry leaders specific to their future profession.
- IFT Food Laws and Regulations Division Scholarship
Award: (1) $1,500
Available to a MS or Ph.D. candidate studying food science with an interest in food laws, regulation, food policy, agriculture policy, or nutrition policy.
- IFT Nutraceutical and Functional Foods Division Scholarship
Award: (1) $1,000
Available to MS or Ph.D. students and will encourage research in the field of nutraceuticals and functional foods and the contributions to these disciplines.
- IFT Food Microbiology Division Scholarship (Graduate):
Award: (1) $1,000
Available to graduate student (MS or Ph.D.) studying food microbiology.
- IFT Sensory and Consumer Sciences Division Silver Celebration PhD Degree Scholarship
Award: (1) $5,000
Available to a Ph.D. student conducting research focused on food sensory and consumer science.
- IFT Sensory and Consumer Sciences Division Silver Celebration MS Scholarship
Award: (1) $2,000
Available to a first or second year graduate student pursuing an MS in sensory and consumer science.
- Mike Jimenez Scholarship Sponsored by the IFT International Division
Award: (1) 1,000
Dr. Miguel A. Jimenez (Mike) was a food scientist and longtime supporter of IFT and the global food science & technology community. IFT’s International Division invites you to apply for the new Mike Jimenez scholarship offered exclusively to graduate students pursuing an advanced degree in food science with a focus in food security, global development or nutrition in the developing world
Available to graduate students (MS or PhD) studying food science, with a focus in food security, global development or nutrition in the developing world.
- Dr. Richard L. Hall Scholarship in Flavor Science (Available to ALL Divisions)
Award: (1) $2,000
Sponsored by the Flavor and Extract Manufacturers Association (FEMA), this scholarship honors a student (MS or Ph.D.) whose research is in the area of the safety assessment of flavors.
2. Feeding Tomorrow General Scholarships – Applications will CLOSE February 15, 2017 at 11:59pm CT
The Feeding Tomorrow General Education fund provides scholarship funding to graduate students (MS or Ph.D.) demonstrating exceptional scholastic achievements, leadership experience, and a devotion to the food science and technology profession.
3. Specialty Scholarships – Applications will CLOSE February 15, 2017 at 11:59pm CT
Through the generous donations from our corporate and organizational partners, Feeding Tomorrow administers the following scholarships: