The IFT Networking and Engagement Membership is a perfect introduction to IFT for anyone working in food science disciplines in academia, industry, or government. You’ll gain ample opportunities to connect with our powerful science of food community—one of the most effective ways to expand your network and position yourself for career growth.
$114/year. Section dues, where applicable, are additional and vary by Section.
Networking and Engagement Membership Benefits
If your primary goal is to establish meaningful connections with thought leaders, gain quick advice or recommendations to address challenges, meet future collaborators, and network with peers in your local area or across the world, a Networking and Engagement Membership might be a good option. The membership provides you:
- Members-only access to IFT Member Connect, our exclusive online community
- Unlimited access to the searchable “Find a Member” feature on IFT Member Connect
- Participation in IFT Divisions, our discipline-specific special interest groups
- Involvement in IFT Sections, our regional or international networking groups
- Engagement in IFT’s member-led, identity-based Resource Groups
- An array of volunteer opportunities
- Up to 20% off registration to IFT FIRST: Annual Event and Expo, the biggest event dedicated to the science of food all year
There’s more to gain from a Networking and Engagement Membership than connections to people who can help you advance your business, research, and career. You also get:
- Digital-only access to current and archived issues of Food Technology magazine (a $160 value)
- Unlimited access to member-exclusive content in Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety
- Reduced cost of $150 on a subscription to Journal of Food Science (savings of more than $1,000)
- Reduced cost of only $15 for all technical and educational virtual webcasts
- 10% discount on IFT Short Courses
- Reduced cost of only $99 for our proprietary Compensation and Career Path Report
- $200 off the Certified Food Scientist (CFS) Exam Application Fee, $100 off the CFS Exam Retest Fee, and $125 off the CFS Renewal Fee
- IFT scientists advocating for science-based outcomes and increased funding in the science of food on your behalf.
Want to amplify your impact on IFT? With an IFT Networking and Engagement Membership, you’ll be able to:
- Volunteer to play a key leadership role in IFT Divisions, Sections, Resource Groups, and Committees
- Participate in volunteer opportunities related to the IFT FIRST: Annual Event and Expo
- Please note: Networking and Engagement members are not eligible to vote in IFT or IFTSA-related matters. Voting rights can be found in Article III, Section 3.2 in IFT’s Bylaws
Not sure if a Networking and Engagement Membership is right for you? Compare the benefits of IFT’s membership options now.
Have questions or need assistance? Contact us at [email protected] or by phone at +1.312.782.8424.