Colleges and universities provide many opportunities for students to learn and grow in the classroom and through student activities like local student chapters. An IFT Student membership takes your college experience a step further, expanding opportunities to enhance your education, broaden your network, and prepare you for a career in this exciting field.
$50/year. Section dues, where applicable, are additional and vary by Section.
Student Membership Benefits
The IFT Student Association, or IFTSA, is part of IFT, but exclusively for students pursuing degrees in the science of food. This student-governed community of up-and-coming science of food professionals provides resources and opportunities to enhance on-campus experiences, make new connections, gain knowledge and insights, and prepare you for a career in the science of food.
Want to establish meaningful relationships with thought leaders, connect with potential employers, meet future collaborators, and network with peers? Your IFT Student membership enables you to:
- Share insights and ask questions on IFT Connect, our exclusive online community
- Connect with any IFT member through our online and searchable Member Directory
- Participate in IFT Divisions, our discipline-specific special interest groups
- Get involved in IFT Sections, our regional or international networking groups
- Engage in IFT’s member-led, identity-based Resource Groups
- Spend quality time with anyone and everyone in the science of food at IFT FIRST: Annual Event and Expo with a 90% discount on registration
- Build your personal brand as a leader or volunteer in the IFT Student Association
Want to showcase your knowledge, skills, and commitment to your future profession to an influential audience? With an IFT Student membership, you’ll have:
- Exclusive opportunities to participate in IFT product development competitions, research competitions, and the highly acclaimed College Bowl
- No page charges when selected to publish in the Journal of Food Science (a $2,000 value) or Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety (a $3,000 value)
- Opportunities to showcase your expertise as part of the scientific program and technical research poster presentations at IFT FIRST: Annual Event and Expo
Want access to the latest research, innovation, trends, and educational materials to help you enhance your knowledge and skills? An IFT Student membership gives you:
- A year-long subscription to Food Technology magazine (a $209 value) or Journal of Food Science (a $150 value)
- Unlimited free access to member-exclusive content in Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety
- Unlimited free access to on-demand webcasts, blogs, and podcasts that provide quick digestible nuggets of information for specific needs
- Free access to more than 15 webinars annually on topics spanning nearly every aspect of the science of food (a value of more than $225)
- Free access to our proprietary Compensation and Career Path Report (a $179 value)
Who’s Eligible for Student Membership?
To qualify for a Student Membership, you must be a full-time student in an Associates program or higher studying either the field of food science and technology or a field related to food science and technology, i.e., one or more of the sciences/branches of engineering concerned with advancing food science and technology.
Have questions or need assistance?
Contact us at [email protected] or by phone at +1.312.782.8424.