About the Internship
Mérieux NutriSciences will award one Feeding Tomorrow candidate a paid internship for the summer of 2020 at the company’s headquarters in Chicago. The intern will work in a research laboratory setting with both the scientists as well as the lab team. This role will have the opportunity to perform assigned research study support functions such as drafting client proposals, designing study protocols, collecting and analyzing data, and creating tables and text for research study reports.
- Cooperate with the research scientists to discuss project needs with potential clients.
- Support research scientists in drafting or reviewing study protocols for potential projects.
- Work in the testing laboratory in order to generate research study data.
- Collect and analyze research study data including drafting study conclusions.
- Support research study report writing.
- Other duties as assigned.
About Mérieux NutriSciences
Mérieux NutriSciences is at the forefront of nutritional research, scientific excellence, and innovation for food safety, product stability, and nutritional value. Every employee—from support staff to scientists—is vital to every mission and every success.
Mérieux NutriSciences is dedicated to improving food safety and quality through nutritional research, scientific excellence, and innovation at every step of the food supply chain. Their team of scientists and technicians is committed to providing clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty, personal integrity, and confidentiality.
The application period for this opportunity is now closed.
Feeding Tomorrow’s Intern+ Package with Mérieux NutriSciences Includes:
- One (1) paid summer internship for summer 2020 provided by Mérieux NutriSciences
- One (1) $1,500 tuition scholarship for 2020–2021 academic year provided by Mérieux NutriSciences
- Opportunity to attend IFT20 in Chicago, IL in July 2020
- Opportunity to connect with other Intern+ recipients for additional networking and learning throughout the summer (virtually and in-person)
What Mérieux NutriSciences Looks for in an Intern:
- Applicant must have current standing of junior or above; candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for fall 2020 to be eligible
- Applicants with a food science background are preferred, although related scientific backgrounds will be considered
- Applicant must demonstrate general oral and written communication skills, as well as time management and planning skills
- Applicant must reside in the Chicagoland/NW Indiana region and willing to commute as this position is not relocating candidates or providing room and board
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA