The Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) and the American Society for Nutrition (ASN) have announced a joint membership offer, combining benefits from both organizations to provide enhanced resources.
“Food science and nutrition are inherently linked, and our joint membership seeks to bring nutrition experts together with the science of food professionals for more joint conversations that can advance a safe, sustainable, and nutritious food supply for all,” said IFT President Pam Coleman.
For a single membership fee, an individual can become a member of both organizations and have access to expanded member benefits from both ASN and IFT.
ASN member benefits include the following:
- Unrestricted full-text online access to all four ASN journals
- Free continuous access to content from Nutrition 2020 Live Online
- Reduced registration fees for Nutrition 2021 and in-person meetings
- Free and discounted access to multimedia resources
- Members-only access to the ASN Community Online
- Subscriptions to ASN Nutrition Notes and Health & Policy Newsletter
IFT member benefits include the following:
- Print and digital access to Food Technology magazine
- Complimentary access to valuable professional and career resources developed by IFT, including member-only content and tools on ift.org, all live and on-demand webcasts, IFT Connect (IFT’s online networking and discussion community), topic-based special interest groups, and the online membership directory
- Face-to-face and virtual networking opportunities with an international community of food professionals
- Exclusive member discounts on registration fees for the IFT Annual Event, Certified Food Scientist (CFS) application fees and recertification, online courses, short courses, the Journal of Food Science, IFT press books, and more