Outstanding Volunteer - The Outstanding Volunteer award honors a current Division member who provided exemplary volunteer work to the Division in the current year. The 2022-2023 recipient is Olive Li.
Outstanding Service - The Outstanding Service award honors current Division members who have demonstrated a history of service to the Division or field. The 2022-2023 recipient is Ashutos Parhi.
4 monthly volunteer webinars
- Application of poly (lactic acid)/cellulose nanocrystal nanocomposite packaging films to increase the shelf-life of food products
- Packaging in the industrial revolution
- Antimicrobial Food Packaging – Why Is It So Difficult?
- Enhancing degradation leading to biodegradation
Student Food Packaging - Development Competition winners:
- First Place - Elliot Dhuey, -The Ohio State University. Harnessing the bio-preservative power of probiotics through multilayered edible films
- Second Place - Halle Redfearn, - Cornell University. Reactive Extrusion of Nonmigratory Active and Intelligent Packaging for the Reduction of Food Waste
- Third Place - Eda Kaya, – Kansas State University. Acetyl-triacylglycerol incorporated sorghum DDGS biodegradable packaging film
3 published review papers in Encyclopedia of Food Safety
- Eva Almenar, Melvin Pascall, Min DeGruson – Novel and Sustainable Packaging
- Melvin Pascall, Shyam Sablani, Peyton Greenwood - Aseptic Packaging
- Min DeGruson, XiaoJing (Kate) Liu - Packaging Materials and Auxiliary Materials
Ongoing discussions on a grant writing activity