According to Food Safety News, Newly Weds Foods, a multi-national corporation that produces cracker and bread crumbs, has said that a “cross-contact” situation prompted the recall of 3.7 million pounds of food due to the presence of undeclared milk.
Newly Weds Foods is the ingredient supplier referenced but not named in multiple recalls posted on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) websites. Conagra Brands is one of the latest food companies to issue a recall for more than 700,000 pounds of Chef Boyardee products. The recalls also include fresh, perishable foods such as chicken salad.
The company told Food Safety News that some lots of cracker meals and blended bread coatings were found to have a small amount of dairy present from cross-contact during the manufacturing process. The company has identified the problem and has taken corrective actions.
The recalls as of today include:
- Tyson Foods is recalling approximately 2,485,374 lb of ready-to-eat breaded chicken products shipped for institutional use nationwide.
- Conagra Brands is recalling approximately 717,338 lb of spaghetti and meatball products under the following brands: Libby’s, Del Pino’s, Hy-Top, Food Hold, Essential Everyday, Chef Boyardee, Hannaford, and Food Club.
- Giant Eagle is recalling Market District Toasted Crumb Tilapia and Giant Eagle Toasted Crumb Tilapia sold fresh from the seafood department of its supermarkets, and Giant Eagle Breaded Chicken Breast sold in the prepared foods department.
- Slade Gorton is recalling its Gourmet Bay Toasted Crumb Tilapia, Gourmet Bay Honey Mustard Tilapia, and Gourmet Bay Citrus Coconut Tilapia. These products are typically sold fresh can be found in the full-service or self-service seafood case.
- Joseph Seviroli is recalling approximately 114,409 lb of beef ravioli products under the following brands: Lowes, Big Y, Seviroli, Best Yet, and V’s.
- Golden Platter Foods is recalling approximately 31,662 lb of ready-to-eat turkey, chicken, veal, and beef items.
- Gourmet Boutique is recalling approximately 294,744 lb of ready-to-eat chicken products that were shipped to institutional locations nationwide.
- Maid-Rite Specialty Foods is recalling approximately 174,000 lb of various beef products that were shipped to institutional locations throughout the United States and Canada.
- Aldon Food is recalling approximately 18,570 lb of chicken salad under the following brands: Block & Barrel Imperial, Market Source, Don’s Salads, and Hymie’s.
- Water Lilies Food is recalling approximately 4,335 lb of ready-to-eat breaded chicken products.
- Advance Pierre Foods is recalling approximately 54,699 lbs of chicken products shipped to foodservice institutions under the Barber Foods brand.
- Pork King Sausage is recalling approximately 44,035 lb of raw sausage link products shipped to wholesale and institutional locations.
- Packer Avenue Foods is recalling approximately 9,690 lb of ready-to-eat chicken salad shipped to wholesalers under the Main Street and Packer Avenue Foods brands.
Food Safety News article